I had the most interesting day yesterday. I was crouching on the floor taking photos of lipsticks for my beauty blog when I stood up and somehow head-butted the corner of the table. It was AGONY and I clutched my head and rubbed it to ease the pain…walked over to the mirror and saw this…
Yep, blood was dripping down my head onto my face. And instead of shouting for help, I took a photo with my phone because I thought it looked pretty cool. Hey, I was in shock!!!
Anyway, I calmly walked downstairs and called out for the Mr who was hanging out with one of his new buddies, R. And then I started freaking out but I didn’t want to look un-cool in front of R. We’re new friends so I didn’t want to let him see me cry in pain so I didn’t make a big drama queen fuss…but I was silently screaming!!! Blood was EVERYWHERE!!! It seeped under my fingernails…all over my hair…down my temples…
And then I started laughing because it was SO FUNNY!!! I laughed and then I cried from the pain.
Meanwhile, the Mr was running up and down to get the first aid kit. We actually had a good stash of saline, anaesthetic and bandages because he had sawed his hand a couple of months ago (he needed 6 stitches). Yes, we are an accident prone couple.
He called the hospital because the cut was deep and there was blood galore. I didn’t really want to go because I hate doctors and all that jazz. But then because it was the weekend, we got a quote of $55 for the consultation alone…and being relatively poor and being extreme tighta$$ed people, we didn’t go.
I just lay down with an ice pack and gauze and popped painkillers…and the Mr and his friend went out shopping for food! I know, it’s nuts…but like I said, he made a new friend so we were just, you know, trying to act calm and collected.
After 4 hours, R and fiancee left…and the wound was still bleeding and I felt sick and I was starting to feel woozy and I was seeing black floaty things in my vision so we went to the public hospital (where it’s free) – but I got turned off by the 4 hour waiting time so I demanded we go home so I could go to sleep.
Meanwhile, I was googling all my symptoms and I got really paranoid. Here are my thoughts :-
1. I’ve previously had head injuries in the same spot from a car accident in 1998 (read about it here). You can see the scar in the photo. Anyway, it means that I am more likely to get dementia in the future. It made me think of the film The Notebook and the name of the main male character is Noah!!! It’s a SIGN!!! Maybe one day, I will be like the old lady and I won’t remember anything and the Mr will have to remind me who I am by reading me through my blog entries!!!!
2. And then I thought of Liam Neeson’s wife who died after bumping her head from a ski-ing accident. What if I am dying of a slow death???
Because I thought I was dying, I started leaving instructions to the Mr :-
1. I have money in my Paypal account – the password is…. Don’t let them keep that money! Use it to buy me a pink Chanel handbag!! Actually, give it to my sister so it won’t be wasted. Don’t bury it with me!!!
2. If I die, you have to carry on my legacy and blog for me on http://www.lingtung.com – the password is…
3. As for my beauty blog, don’t worry Gigi (my beauty blog intern) knows my password – tell her to keep blogging for me!
And then I cried like a cry baby because he said, “Don’t worry…I’ll see you in Heaven!” – like I was REALLY going to die!!! And then I thought, cool…if I die, yeah, I’m pretty happy…it’s cool…I’ve lived a good life…wish I had a baby before I died though…oh well…and I wish I wrote a best-selling novel…!!!! ”Oh, can you call my work tomorrow if I die and tell them what happened and to cancel my patients.” Yes, these are the thoughts of a paranoid loony!!!!
Anyway, after sleeping a good sleep considering I am an insomniac, I woke up with yukky hair and a slightly sore head and I went to work as normal. My first patient was a molar tooth extraction and I was feeling bit woozy but I did it!!! I saw the Doctor in the afternoon…
My vision is still a bit weird with those black floaters…but oh well, I hope I will be fine tomorrow. I am DYING to wash my hair. And the Mr is having so much fun teasing me and my clumsiness!!! LOL. I bet he won’t laugh if I don’t wake up tomorrow!!!! PARANOIA!!!!!!!!