I arrived in Sydney on Tuesday 13th October, but it took me a while to find a suitable place to live.
I actually put down a non-refundable deposit of $100 AUD on this place which I didn’t end up moving into as it did not have what I call the bare necessities :- internet, television and space!
Thank God, after viewing umpteen places, I found this amazing place in the city which ticks all the right boxes.
Today, I received a text message from Mr XY (see description of him here) :-
“1 week now in d new place. Grats”
Woohoo! 7 days in my new place! But I haven’t even spent much time here as I have been really blessed and been really busy meeting people and going to lots of new places.
Anyway, to celebrate this great day, I have made a list of 7 random things about me which are all relevant to today :-
- My new favourite song is First Love by Utadu Hikaru – I uploaded it to my iTunes last night.
- I met an Irish guy today. He has nice blue eyes.
- Someone complimented me on my accent “I love your accent!” - it was a girl
- I bit my fingers repeatedly today to stop myself from cussing because I was so annoyed about not being able to find a suitable ATM cash machine – it took me 30 minutes…I was ready to explode!
- I received a wedding invitation from a girl I have only seen twice in Australia! (Maybe she read this blog post??)
- I walked 20 minutes to the gym, in my gym gear, but in the end, I didn’t even go in to do exercise because I got hungry and went to the supermarket instead! LOL!
- I received a movie invitation for a viewing of Michael Jackson’s “This Is It” for tonight, but I declined. When I was younger, I wrote in my diary – “I wish Michael Jackson was my uncle because he treats children very well.”
And there you go – 7 random facts about my life…