A few days ago, I woke up and found 7 spots on my face!!! Yes, seven!! I am USUALLY one of those annoying people who do NOT get spots no matter how much junk food I eat…
But yeah, I woke up with 7 throbbing red zits ALL on the right side of my face – cheek, chin….
Anyway, I’ve had fun squeezing the ripe ones, but the biggest spot is still not showing signs of ripening…
I’ve been proudly showing them off to my friends.
“Check these babies out! I’m FINALLY going through puberty!!”
The thing is….I wish I was still at the pubertal youthful age!!!
Recently, I’ve noticed that I am getting old. All the signs are screaming at me :-
1. Mr Geek and I went to buy train tickets. He said, “One adult and one railcard”…the ticket guy said to me, “Have you got the railcard?”…and Mr Geek’s reply was “No, she’s too old!” – THANKS!!! Yes, I am no longer eligible to buy a Young Person’s railcard (yes, that is what they are called), but at least the ticket guy thought I was the one with the railcard so beat that Mr Geek!
2. I’ve been introduced to some new people recently at church. They are all first year university students and they all ask me, “So what are you studying?”…. “I’m working already”… “Really what do you work as?“…“Dentist”…“How long have you been working?”...“In my third year”……and then there’s a pause when they try to calculate my age….and then they realise I’m an oldie; not a child prodigy!!!
3. When I hang out with my girlfriends. Instead of chatting about who we fancy or who is the best looking guy we know….. We chat about when we plan to get married and who’s moving in with their boyfriend and when is the ideal age to have kids and how many kids to have, etc…
4. The kiddies who were always playing with their toys at dinner parties have grown taller than me and they are moving onto university!!
5. When patients ask me how old I am, I sometimes answer and they’ll say, “You LOOK young”….but there’s that niggling difference….I want them to say “You ARE young”.
Not long till the life-changing age of the big, dare I say it, 3-0!!! Waaaahh!!!