There are unproven theories which state that women tend to marry men who remind them of their father. Previously I have dated the Bad Boy, the Mummy’s Boy, the Commitment-Phobic Boy…but I never realised I had married the You’re-Just-Like-My-Father Boy until recently.
Here are the signs why I think I married my father :-
1. Photographic evidence shows that they look alike. They are of similar stature and height with the Chinese hair, eyes and flattened noses. (Yeah, I know – all Chinese people look the same – har-de-har!)
2. My Dad loves playing with children. The hubby loves playing with children. (No, they are not paedophiles, thank you very much!)
3. When they are both concentrating on something, they go silent and don’t talk nor respond to any questions. – (or is it because men cannot multi-task?)
4. My Dad likes to spend time reading a newspaper while he is doing his morning dump. Yesterday morning, I found one of my magazines in the toilet after the hubby had been in there doing his business! Gross, I know!!
5. I like to create a mess wherever I go. I like being messy. It’s like creative art. Well, my Dad and the hubby both do not agree. They both tell me off for making a mess. And it’s weird how they use similar mannerisms in telling me off. *shudder*
6. ”Turn off the light if you’re not in the room. Stop wasting money on electricity.” - these same words uttered by both my father and my husband to me!
7. Whenever I say, “I don’t feel well“, they both say, “Put some more clothes on!” DUDES, I am not walking around naked! I have got clothes on!!!!
8. They are both tight with money when I say that I want to go shopping for new clothes! (Ooh, wait! Next time they tell me to put more clothes on because I am not feeling well, I shall demand money to go shopping! Yay!)
9. When my Mum starts nagging, my Dad rolls his eyes and ignores her. When I start nagging, my husband rolls his eyes and ignores me.
10. Whenever I do anything to upset or anger my Dad or my husband, they both get grumpy, but I know deep down that they both still love me. Awww… (Side note : Today I heard the husband sing, “Cause you’re amazing just the way you are” by Bruno Mars. Thanks! I know I am!)
In conclusion : Yes, I did marry my father but that’s great because my Dad is the bestest!