My friends and I had a discussion about insecurites based on body parts yesterday.
My insecurites are :-
1. My legs – I have short, chunky, muscly calves and flabby thighs – Ex-Boyfriend #2 described them as “tree trunks” and that will forever haunt me!
2. My permanent eye bags – nothing hides them
3. My flat chest – We were on a night out and I was checking out the mirror thinking, “Yeah, I look pretty hot tonight!”, when my sister turned round and said to me, “My friends and I were talking about you and we think that you have NOTHING on top…”
4. My Chinese nose – Yes, Chinese people have flat noses with no bridge height.
5. Scars on my face and body – These are permanent reminders of a car accident I was involved in over 5 years ago. The body scars are hidden from clothing, but the ones on my face are very obvious. A girl friend tried to scrub off my “make-up error” with her thumb – it’s not make-up, it’s my scar!! I met this guy last year and he said my make-up was weird but again, it’s just my facial scar.
I used to envy the pretty girls. I wished I looked like them, but you know what, just because someone is pretty, it doesn’t mean that they are a nice person.
In conclusion : Beauty comes from within