I have already spent 11 days road-tripping in Western Australia.
It has been an interesting experience and here is a checklist of things I have achieved :-
1. Almost killing someone
- 24/7 with Mr Player is not a pleasant experience at all. Sometimes, you just need some breathing space…
2. Saw kangaroos
- In fact, loads. About 20, so far. They all have one thing in common. They’re all roadkill. Yep, all lying dead and rotting in the hot sun at the side of the road, getting their insides eaten by all the Aussie creatures. Lovely sight…
3. Fed a dolphin
- So unbelievably cute!!! I was one of the lucky few who got randomly selected to feed a dolphin at Monkey Mia. I attribute this to the bright red dress I decided to wear that day, complete with bright red Crocs.
4. Eaten delicious delightful foods
- This includes lobster fresh out of the ocean, cajun-dusted soft-shell crab, big mama of a steak, big fat juicy prawns.
5. Stayed in this villa which faced the Indian Ocean and watched a beautiful sunset
- But then again, we also stayed in this yukky hostel aka prison cell!
6. Saw a shooting star in the lovely night sky.
- I then proceeded to walk backwards with my head facing the sky to see if I could see another one. Looked like a lunatic and nearly tripped over.
7. Got homesick and cried a river after speaking to my mum.
8. Been ill too.
- Got this disgusting phlegmy, chesty cough which makes me sound like a hardcore smoker. Got backache from carrying my luggage and sleeping on lumpy beds.
9. Getting tanned even after slapping on factor 50.
10. Now, off to a glass boat ride at Coral Bay.
- Hope I don’t fall off cos I can’t swim. Hope I make a friend and don’t look like a total loner…
11. I have also learnt some Australian phrases which I plan to put into practice -
- G’day mate! (this will be used on a hot Aussie dude)
- RACK OFF! (this will be used on Mr Player)